Omission of Marx Quote:
Censorship?
Andrew Rodomar

Graphic Rule

From: Positive Atheism <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: Andrew Rodomar
Subject: Re: PA-via_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: Monday, July 12, 1999 4:19 AM

Why do you accuse me of censoring Marx without knowing my methods or motives?

My motives: Post as many atheistic quotes as I can, during the brief time my fragile health allows me to work each day (if at all).

My methods: (1) Quotes submitted by readers and verified by myself. (2) Best of the great "Quotes" books, which I put on hold when I reached about the mid-nineteenth century (thus excluding Karl Marx and Groucho Marx and many other more recent thinkers).

The quote, from A Contribution to the Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right Preface (1844):

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

I have included the quotation into the list.