Determinism
Michael J. Holton

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Michael J. Holton"
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2000 2:49 PM

These are some of the same questions I had shortly before the fragile eggshell of my faith began to crack.

Theists themselves (mostly Christian and Muslim) have warred for centuries over the predestination vs. free will issue. It was also a small debate among materialists (scientists) until Heisenberg determined that it is impossible to specify simultaneously the position and momentum of a subatomic particle with any precision. (In quantum mechanics, probability calculations therefore replace the exact calculations of classical mechanics.)