Seemingly Intelligent
People Fight God
Jeff & Traci Adkins

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Thursday, June 15, 2000 1:14 PM

The Tooth Fairy doesn't force anybody to believe, either. She can't -- she doesn't exist!

The early Protestants and modern Calvinists would disagree: they tell us that mankind is so depraved through Original Sin that we cannot recognize the Calvinistic god on our own, and therefore must be fortunate enough to have been hand-chosen by that god from the foundation of the earth and subsequently enlightened by his saving grace.

You can't both be right, so who's right? and how are we supposed to know? how do we verify that you or the others (or neither) are right?

The Calvinists seem to have a much stronger case, as far as the Bible goes. Those who disagree with the Calvinists must resort to humanistic sentiments in order to make their case, they cannot make it solely from the Bible because it isn't there. So we're back to human reason, once again!

Sure it is! We must believe in Christ, or we roast in hell! We must believe in Mohammed's "Allah" or we get decapitated, and after that, our corpse gets abused by having our fingers cut off -- and then we burn in hell!

Regular or extra crispy?

You're fighting the wrong guy! I agree that morals are important, and that is why I am developing and advocating the philosophy of Positive Atheism, which is a proactive ethic whose target audience is the people who are unconvinced by such railing as we see above.

I suggest you open your eyes and read a group's mission statement before laying into people over things abouy which you know nothing -- but could find out about very easily just by spending two or three minutes reading a simple mission statement! Had you read our mission statement before you wrote to us, you wouldn't have made this mistake.

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Thursday, June 15, 2000 1:58 PM

I didn't write to you, you wrote to me!

Perhaps leaving people alone and letting them live their own lives (as you suggested that your god does) is a good policy after all!

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Thursday, June 15, 2000 6:22 PM

Think what you want. Remember, you wrote to us. We didn't bother you.

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Friday, June 16, 2000 2:24 AM

I am sorry for the demise of your father. My heart goes out to you.