Worship Services
In The Public Schools
Bobbi Needham

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Bobbi Needham"
Subject: Re: Positive Atheism, Cliff's Writings
Date: Saturday, June 03, 2000 12:51 PM

It is our position that if the schools rent their facilities after hours to anybody, they should rent to everybody (including the Klan -- as long as nobody has easier access to them -- no favoritism). I have seen some schools, etc., refuse to rent to groups that exclude members on the basis of race or religion, but I don't think the schools, etc., should get this involved in monitoring the groups' use of the room. A simple "No illegal activities" (such as open drug use) would suffice. In other words, if you get busted, Yer atta day-uh!

It is religion during school hours that we must focus our meager resources fighting. PAM sees nothing wrong with renting facilities to groups such as churches and the Scouts after the students have gone home.

After-hours use of schools, parks, city hall rooms, library rooms, etc., should be fair and open to anyone for any reason, and no religious test should ever be involved.