To: <editor@positiveatheism.org>; <lmillegan@modbee.com>
Subject: Re: Religion Reporter Interviews Cliff: Wants To Hear From YOU
Date: Monday, July 10, 2000 5:46 PM

Lisa,

I find it refreshing to find other atheists to communicate with and enjoy. Being an atheist frees me from the mind control of religion. That freedom of thought helps me to see the world as it really is without a guide to trip me up. I don't rape little girls and I don't rob banks.

Regards,
Ken Whitley
'Nam Vet

To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Monday, July 10, 2000 5:49 PM

Hi

I like Positive Atheism because it's a place to get away from superstitous crap. I like the truth, not fairie tales.

Thanks,
Dave

Graphic Rule

From: "Vincent M. Wales"
To: <lmillegan@modbee.com>
Cc: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Re: Positive Atheism
Date: Monday, July 10, 2000 5:50 PM

Lisa:

Cliff forwarded your request to me (and many others), so I thought I'd drop you a line.

I'm afraid I don't qualify as "in your area." Currently (as seen in the signature file below), I live in Utah. I'm moving to Sacramento in about 6 weeks, though!

Cliff and I do a newsletter exchange. I publish a monthly newsletter for my freethought group, and send him copies of that in exchange for Positive Atheism.

I think Cliff's doing a great thing. Atheism and atheists have this horrible stigma attached, which is wholly unjustified. Cliff's efforts are to show that atheism can be a positive influence on people and society. His hope, and my own, is that people in general will come to see this as being true, and atheists will at last cease to be the one minority that it's "politically correct" to "bash" at any given opportunity.

I also maintain an atheism website called The Atheist Attic, which features weekly articles on freethought and related issues (well over 100 articles online at this time).

The views of the religious crowd are very easy to see, just about anywhere you look, including in newspapers (as you obviously know). But the views of "the other side" aren't so easy to find in mainstream media. The Internet has allowed us to find our audiences... or vice versa, I guess.

Perhaps one day, due to inquiring minds like your own, the mainstream media will not be so opposed to voicing the opinions of atheists and other freethinkers. Perhaps one day, newsletters like Positive Atheism will not be viewed as such a curiosity.

VMW

Vincent M. Wales, founder
Freethought Society of Northern Utah
www.bee.net/cardigan/FSNU/

Graphic Rule

From: "Smith Design Works"
To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Monday, July 10, 2000 6:36 PM

Ms. Millegan,

I'm not really too sure why you would ask a question with such an obvious answer.

PA informs me of issues that I find important/relevant to me, my community, and my country with regards to keeping religion out of my government (something few, if any, other nations have had any success in doing) and other related arguments/issues/facts.

People like myself tend to associate with persons that they have an intellectual bond with. I am a recipient of Positive Atheism for this reason. I tend to associate with people that use their minds for constructive rational and critical thinking, not emotional/mythological superstition(s); therefor because I am an Atheist I subscribe to many not just Positive Atheism' free-thinking news sites. I find them refreshing and informative.

In short, I subscribe to PA just as any other subscriber would subscribe to any other magazine/news site. I also subscribe to Golf magazine because I like golf.

-JHS

Graphic Rule

From: "Ann Murray"
To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Re: Religion Reporter Interviews Cliff: Wants To Hear From YOU -- -You got it!
Date: Monday, July 10, 2000 8:59 PM

My reason for visiting the Positive Atheism site is simple. I am an atheist. I like being able to hear the opinions of other like-minded people. I live in a very small, very Christian town. I am not comfortable there on many counts. It is a racist community, and intolerant of anything that is alien to itself. I am an alien to it. After all, I've only lived here ten years. There are more churches per square inch here, than in any other pace I know of. I feel, with my outspoken anti racism attitude, coupled with atheism, my very life could be endangered. I find these people vicious.

When I go to Cliff Walker's site, I feel as if I have a safe haven, virtual of course, but these days, what isn't. I have a listing with an atheist group. It acts as a forum. I do not wish to mention the name here, because I have a fairly low opinion of the way the thing is handled.

Cliff is always fair in what he puts up. If we want to spit and snarl about someone's opinion, it doesn't turn into a cat fight. Perhaps this is due to the fact that we basically respect Cliff, and genuinely like him. He's incredibly intelligent, and learned. I wish I had a friend like him. It would be nice just to sit and talk. I know I could learn a lot.

His site was the first one I discovered, and I was so grateful to find him, I wrote and told him so. I live "in the closet" here, and it's a vast relief to be able to be open about my religious experiences as a Catholic, which were quite unpleasant for me as a child. I liberated myself at an early age, but still, they did have me. There are few people to whom I could describe the creeping horror of that time in my life, but I know if I tell it to Cliff, even though he can't respond to me because he's so busy, he will understand my feelings as he reads my words of distress. That means the world to me, and I know it does for all those like me who turn to him almost like a father, even though we are sometimes older than he is.

The site is informative. It gives us a chance to expand our thinking and to be fearless in our opinions, something many of us couldn't dream of doing otherwise.

I love Cliff. He's funny, brilliant, entertaining, brave -- all these things. And he does a great job with his site.

I close with unabashed affection and respect for and toward Cliff.

Ann Murray

Graphic Rule

From: "Tom Scanlon"
To: <lmillegan@ModBee.com>; <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: FORUM_Why_I_Read_Positive_Atheism__9617
Date: Monday, July 10, 2000 10:11 PM

Lisa;

Although I don't reside in your area I would like to tell you why I read Cliff Walker's Positive Atheism, and that reason is because it deals with logic, reason and reality. Need more be said?

Tom Scanlon
USN (Ret.)

To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 2:16 AM

Lisa,

I like Positive Atheism because it gives credence and validity to what I believe in, or should I say don't believe in. The e-mails are informative as to what is happening in other parts of the US, and keeps me informed. I personally believe there are more atheists in the populace than previously forecast, but I think a lot of us are afraid of "coming out." I'm not any more and some of my Christian friends can actually joke with me about it. Three of us went to a movie this evening shared one vehicle to get there. My friend found a spot next to the threatre and commented that "it's a sign from God." I said, "its probably more of a sign that someone just left the parking lot." We all laughed. Differences are all okay as long as we respect each others feelings and belief systems.

Diane

Graphic Rule

From: "llm" (New Zealand)
To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 3:53 AM

I read it and other similar sites (when I have time) because it is a relief to find somebody talking about religion in this way.

Like most people, I grew up with a lot of unctuous, hypocritical, logically bizarre cant pushed into the space between my ears from religionists, mostly at a school I attended. My parents left me to make up my own mind, but the existence of a law about "free secular" education in this country didn't stop the determined goddists from trying to shove religion into every aspect of the state-owned high school I attended.

At times religionists are apt to start killing people "because God told them to" or something like that (unfortunately, religion often does get to this stage, wars started by priests), which is severely worrying, but, on an everyday level, I find them just wearying. They often have a habit of trying to control others, including me, which is even more wearying. The ones who just quietly hold their own beliefs and don't try to proselytize, I respect. It is loudmouthed organised religion that is such a problem in society.

Religion to me is the same as a mafia protection racket. It says, in effect, "pay us dues and express respect or we will get our ally the big guy up there to punish you, and you'll be sorry". That is how Christianity in particular operates. It is responsible for every major horror in world history. It is still creating major horrors. It is hard for me to understand how people can profess to follow it, after the inquisitions, the slaughter of the Cathars, the genocide of the Albigensians, the witchcraft proceedings, the holocaust, the more recent slaughter of Tutsis by Hutu in Rwanda, (... fill in every other recent war here, all religious in origin in my view).

Thus, it is a relief to hear about other people, other non-religionists, other free minds, who do not feel like making up neurotic self-serving blah about some god and trying to force it on me. It is a delightful change. Thank you to them. This is why I read such sites.

Lyn Milnes,
victim of religion
in New Zealand

Graphic Rule

From: "Ray Franz"
To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 5:05 AM

I am a retired educator who has long been at odds with those who would put Christian religious beliefs into the public educational system and our government, which has been dedicated to freedom (particularly freedom of religion) from the very start. How this myth, legend and story could be promoted as factual, scientific material irked me no end.

At an early age, after going through religious indoctrination, I could not understand the terminology of Christianity any better than I could understand the fiction of a spirit world populated with witches, dragons, monsters, ghosts and goblins. Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy had also disappeared into the pages of fictional characters. The stories of the Bible were absurd to me then and continued in that vein as knowledge, logic and reason made them even more absurd as I matured.

The computer and the internet has given me an opportunity to be aware of the number of people who reject a world of spirits and the superstitions of the past which have been dressed up with modern day philosophical language. "Positive Atheism" gives me the opportunity to further explore and promote a world of scientific reality which denies the existance of a spirit world, whether it be religious in nature or strictly fictional.

R. J. Franz

The computer is mightier than the pen and sword
Web Page:
www.dpc.net/~rjfranz

Graphic Rule

From: "Andrew Lancashire"
To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 5:40 AM

Cliff's site is another little light in the darkness as the world still scratches and claws itself out of the Dark Ages imposed upon man by the religious bigots that have tried their best to close men's minds by the power of the sword and the threat of death.

Besides that, I like his humorous side.

Andy Lancashire,
West Chester, PA

Graphic Rule

From: "Grahn, Johan"
To: <lmillegan@ModBee.com>; <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 6:16 AM

Hi there Lisa!

My name is Johan Grahn and I can give you my view as to why I read "Positive Atheism". I come from a very secular country, Sweden, where religion takes almost no part in our daily lives. When I moved to Chicago almost two years ago, I noticed that religion was a much bigger issue here and after being offended several times by evangelizing Christians I decided to become more "prepared".

After searching through the web I found many places of interest but one of my absolute favorites is Cliff Walker's "Positive Atheism" since it isn't dogmatic and since it respects differences of opinion. My only concern regarding religious people is that they won't control my life from their religious perspective. True, I do think that a world without religion would be a better place but I would not deny a human of their own personal religious experience.

Cliff is working to make sure religious people understand that too. In this, he has my full support.

To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 7:26 AM

Dear Cliff,

This is my first time writing to you. I thought I'd try a hand at replying to the reporter's question.

I like everything about this magazine. Religion is a series of irrational beliefs defended by often aggressively irrational behavior. Cliff Walker shows great bravery in publishing anything at all given this background. There is more. Unlike the Modesto Bee, this is one periodical that is not so unquestioning of irrational belief that it has a "Religion" section. There are a number of Atheism resources on the web, but in comparison to such things as porn sites and religion sites (both of which use irrational appeals and therefore get a lot of traffic) they are rare. All of them need to be visited.

George Wolf

To: <lmillegan@ModBee.com>; <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 11:18 AM

Dear Recipient

I want news about the secular domain. It is being attacked invaded and progressively appropriated by some extreme religionaires. They not only want a religious despotism, they want a theocratic despotism. These are monstrous to most people whether they are aware of it or not. These are control-freaks -- I meant totalitarian control-freaks. I could continue with details for pages, I think I have transmitted what I mean.

with respect,
Charles Miller

Graphic Rule

From: "James Call"
To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 4:05 PM

I like Positive Atheism Magazine because belief is stupid -- if stupid is doing something that hurts you. When you accept as true things that are not you hurt yourself and others around you. You're afraid of things that don't exist. You're willing to accept as reward for a life of subservience to an ideal, sometimes a very unnatural ideal, things also that don't exist. I hate that.

James Call

Graphic Rule

From: "Bill Young"
To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>; <lmillegan@modbee.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 4:58 PM

Dear Lisa and Cliff:

I find Positive Atheism is a quick way to be kept up-to-date on issues of interest to nontheists. I get similar information from a couple of other sites, but Positive Atheism is usually brief and easy to read.

Graphic Rule

From: "Dmitri Vuconski"
  To: <lmillegan@ModBee.com>; <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 7:13 PM

Hey there Lisa, how's it going?

P.A. has compiled a formidable amount of information that supports our beliefs. Compliments to Cliff and all the work he has done organizing all of this information. Without his work, one might come across a few quotes here and there. This site is one of the most comprehensive of its kind and makes our searches easier.

On a personal note, after years of trying to justify and rationalize all the wrong that has been done in the name of religion and "How could God let this happen?" I had an epiphany and realized that the world makes more sense from an atheistic paradigm.

A note for your Catholic readers: After having our priest spend at least 15 minutes every Sunday trying out new ways to explain the Trinity, Sunday after Sunday after Sunday, I realized that anything that needs this much of an explanation must wrong. The tenets of the Theory of Relativity is graspable in just under 10 minutes!

Dmitri V.

Graphic Rule

From: "Todd Smith"
To: <lmillegan@ModBee.com>; <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 8:33 PM

Lisa,

Two things I haven't read so far in the responses:

The first is the difference between Cliff's site and other atheist web sites. Cliff's "Positive Atheism" is just that -- positive. I've been to other atheist web sites and been somewhat disappointed with either their dogmatic thinking or agressively offensive views towards theistic belief systems. I am not out to bash religion; I simply want the U.S. of A. to walk the talk -- to have true freedom of (and therefore from, if that's the choice) religion.

Cliff provides a positive forum that demands proper use of logic and scientific method -- two processes that I can identify with heartily.

The second thing I particularly like about Cliff's web site is his letters section. Cliff's welcoming of opposing viewpoints indicates his quest for knowledge and truth is sincere. Sometimes his responses may seem trenchant, but if you look closely, you will see that he is simply upholding the high standard of scientific inquiry. Arguments based on emotion, sentimentality, illogic, or subjective experience, while they may have value to the individual, cannot be applied to a people at large. That is why there are so many belief systems in the world today, and that is what makes freedom of religion so important.

Sometimes it seems amusing (and sad) to me that a lack of belief in something (a god or gods, in this case) should garner so much violent reaction from a group of people who claim humility and love among their most valued traits. This reaction is due mainly, I believe, to a lack of understanding of the atheist way of thinking. Cliff's site expresses, better than any other source I have found anywhere, what atheism is all about, and just as importantly, what it isn't about.

Positive Atheism does not pretend to have all the answers. To me, it stands for a quest -- a quest for truth, using tools such as our five senses, the scientific method, and our own sense of reason, with which to find it. I cannot think of a more noble mission.

Regards,
Todd Smith
Peoria, IL

Graphic Rule

From: "John Kinney"
To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Thursday, July 13, 2000 4:46 PM

Ms. Millegan,

I'm not in your "general area." In fact, I'm the width of a continent away in North Carolina.

But my answer to your question is very simple, and I suspect it applies in all the "general areas" across the United States.

Unfortunately, like yourself, I live in a religion-soaked, superstition-blinded society. It's a place where an appalling majority of supposedly rational human beings believe stuff that any reasonably rational person would consider to be mostly silly nonsense or demonstrable hoodwinkery.

Why do they believe? Because they learned it in church, when they were too young to know better.

If they ever manage to lift their heads above the mental fogginess induced by weekly religionist group-think, they find that the available population of reality-based thoughtful people is reduced to a comparative handful. They begin to appreciate those few in the way they would appreciate a flask of distilled water in the midst of the salty sea.

I visit Cliff Walker's website because he's refreshing. He makes sense. He's courageous and willing to commit himself to an unpopular standpoint. That's important because he's standing in a place of constructive value achieved through understanding, not some meaningless illusory realm concocted out of ignorance and mythology. I think that stance is critically important to the future of humanity.

Anyway, that's my answer and I hope it's helpful. I offer my applause to Walker and to anybody else who balks at the notion that the majestic grandeur of Life, the Universe and Everything can somehow be reduced to the level of an ancient, pitifully ignorant, intentionally self-blinded mythology.

Regards, John Kinney

To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Saturday, July 15, 2000 2:21 PM

Why do I visit/read Positive Atheism ?

Lots of reasons really, but chief among them is that I have a great love of learning. I find I learn more from people who are "smarter" (i.e. better educated etc.) than myself and there are hordes of people like this who visit PA (and apparently hordes of the contrary, judging from some of the letters posted in the forum). I don't have a lot of time for this reply right now but just read some of the letters posted by theists on PA and read Cliff's responses (then go check out the validity of the information in Cliff's retorts) and you will understand why I am a rationalist and nontheist.

Graphic Rule

From: "USAF Buttcrack"
To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Cc: <lmillegan@modbee.com>
Date: Saturday, July 15, 2000 8:31 PM

Why I read Positive Atheism

I am an atheist. The how and why I began identifying myself as such would be a long and boring dissertation. You'll have to take my word that I gave the issue much thought.

I've discovered that there are many different views among non-believers just as there are among believers.

These differences interest me.

Just as a Lutheran might be interested in a Baptist's opinion, I am curious about the opinions and conclusions of other atheists.

Positive Atheism forces me to evaluate my beliefs and consider new ideas and concepts.

And yes, I often identify views or arguments by other atheists that I consider to be frivolous, mean-spirited, partisan, or based on flawed reason.

Randy Balsom

P.S. (I'm a registered Republican atheist who opposes abortion, the death penalty, and gun control and an active duty military member prepared to give my life to defend your right to believe and worship how you like.)
www.gotnukes.com

Graphic Rule

From: "sarah dearne" (UK)
To: <lmillegan@ModBee.com>; <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Saturday, July 15, 2000 9:51 PM

Hi Lisa,

Reinforcing the sentiment of other replies, I feel Positive Atheism is a kind of haven. The content of this site is refreshingly perceptive, intelligent and witty.

My parents, my (supposedly non-religious) school, my friends and even my government constantly force the irrationalities of religion upon me. While I can't be forced to believe, I am forced to live with laws based on religious beliefs.

Also, like the religious community, the atheist community has a small but vocal minority of extremists who give the rest of us a bad name. Cliff, however, has an ability to argue calmly and rationally, which I greatly admire.

It's great to see a religion reporter interested in the viewpoints of the non-religious. Best of luck with your article.

Sincerely,
JS Dearne

Graphic Rule

From: "Luciene Lima" (Brazil)
To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Cc: <lmillegan@modbee.com>
Date: Saturday, July 15, 2000 10:11 PM

I like Positive Atheism because always it's interesting to get the opportunity to find intelligence out of believers area.

luciene

Graphic Rule

From: "Dennis Blankenship"
To: <lmillegan@modbee.com>
Cc: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Why I read Positive Atheism
Date: Sunday, July 16, 2000 11:12 AM

I read with interest your email to Cliff Walker soliciting feedback from readers on their reasons for reading Positive Atheism. Here is mine.

For me, Positive Atheism is a place where kindred spirits express their views, tell their stories, and where news that affects atheists may be gleaned. I particularly like Cliff's site because of his unimpeachable integrity. He expresses his opinions clearly, completely, and accurately and does so with complete respect for the opposing view. Likewise he holds opposing parties to the same high standards, and will publicly make them accountable should they fall short.

Positive Atheism has taken on the role of providing a forum for atheists as well as providing information. The site intends to show that Atheism doesn't imply evil, wickedness, witchcraft, satanism, or any number of other negative connotations some people associate with atheism. It shows that atheists are moral. It shows that atheists are normal. It also shows that atheists are among us, even in the entrenched bible belt areas.

It does concern me that a religion reporter is asking about an atheist site and magazine like Positive Atheism. I have a fair sense of concern that atheism becoming something to be treated like yet another religion or "belief system". Atheists generally choose to believe in the truth, whatever that turns out to be. We believe the truth is what withstands scrutiny, is subject to change with new evidence, and need not be accepted with blind faith to survive. Religion implies this sort of blind faith, with evidence and arguments chosen, interpreted, and manipulated which support it. Contrary evidence is ignored or dismissed.

Graphic Rule

From: "Richard Mohley"
To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>;
Date: Sunday, July 16, 2000 10:58 PM

I keep in touch with Positive Atheism because I need to be reminded that not everyone is dream walking.

Most people wander through such a fog of superstition that they never wake up. Even governments and national leaders (educated people who should denounce such barbarity) promote the madness for their own ends. Its so pervasive that most people never notice.

For example:

And that is just in my neighborhood.

These various belief systems contradict themselves and each other, yet no one seems to be concerned. It is an absolute zoo of cultural fantasy.

Of course there are many sane people, but they don't it speak out because...why bother? Why subject yourself to attacks by people who will hate you for trying to help them. Generally speaking, humans beings love reassurance and reality.

In truth, there is only one god and we all worship him...his name is "what's familiar to me." Once you understand that, everything people say and do and claim to believe, make perfect sense.

To answer your question, I read the magazine because I need to be reminded that I am not alone. Not everyone is hypnotised.

Richard Mohley
Portland, Oregon

Graphic Rule

From: "Dan & Marquerite Johnson"
To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: WebMaster:_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: Monday, July 17, 2000 2:01 PM

I saw the Modesto Bee's church editor's e-mail address on your page and I dashed off a hasty message. I can't get through to her. I didn't read and/or type it correctly. I don't get through to you either. My vision misreads and/fails to pick up some punctuation and my typing is clumsy, too. She was interested in replies from her paper's circulation area. I'm in it and will use surface mail. I want to suggest that she also explore Religious Humanism. It is very satisfying to have the editor of a church page actually interested in religion.

Dan Johnson

Graphic Rule

From: "Dan & Marquerite Johnson"
To: <imillegan@modbee.com>
Cc: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: An opinion from your area
Date: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 12:54 PM

I saw your query on the Positive Atheism website and replied immediately -- but futilely. My vision and typing flaws combined to prevent my messages from getting to you. I try again.

I have followed the Positive Atheism website for the past month or so. Today I'm sending in my own and a gift subscription.

I find the editor sound philosophically, and gentle and constructive tactually.

I am convinced that one hope for humanity lies within the content of this little publication.

Various surveys report that from 8 to 11 percent of adults in the USA do not use a personal God in their explanation of reality. And you can be sure that many of those who do have some vague bland definition of deity that makes them almost atheists. Where can such a large number of people -- roughly 10 percent -- communicate? Cliff Walker has started something which contains a solution to many problems within humanity. I will send you a letter the old-fachioned way soon.

You might look into Religious Humanism too.

Dan Johnson
Sonora. CA 95370

To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Monday, July 24, 2000 7:18 AM

Hello!!

I am John Brienesse

I am a positive Atheist!!!

Why do I like your page? Well!! It got some meat in it. There is reading material; and that is what I want.

Some other Atheist pages have not much reading material, They do not seem to understand that we have to tell and educate people.

The only thing that upsets me about Atheists is that there is no cohesion with them. They should be properly connected the World over.

And that is where religions are one up on us.

I have been campaigning here in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada to get a group together, and I found about 26 people who are actual Atheists, but I can not get them to come to a meeting.

They are all so busy with their lives and Families they have no time. I used to be a "Jehovah's Witnesses" Preacher when I was young., and if anyone would like to find out how to get a World Class organisation working, then you could learn from them.

Good Luck with your page. "You have my unheavenly blessing."

Graphic Rule

From:"r"
To: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Sunday, August 27, 2000 7:01 AM

Hello,

    I am a science teacher and a scientist (anyone who chooses to follow logic and the scientific method is a scientist. No degree needed). To those ends I try to gather as much information as possible and wait to draw conclusions until after I find out what the data supports. (I am not in the practice of deciding what the answer is and then looking for support. This surely is not science, but seems to be a wide spread and favorite activity in our population.)

So I do not claim to be an atheist or come here for support of that belief. I come here with an open mind to find information and insights. I own a bible (though I do not practice any religion) and have plenty of religious people who are more then willing to inform me of their beliefs (even when I do not ask for their input). I have also visited religious sites.

In short I come here to ensure that I have as wide and as complete a set of data as I can compile before I proclaim any one conclusion. To do anything less is to remain uninformed, and any conclusion draw is not valid.

I hope this helps.