Which 10 Commandments?
These!
John Love-Jensen

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Love-Jensen, John"
Subject: Re: Positive Atheism, Cliff's Writings -- Which 10 Commandments.
Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 1:43 PM

Any form of atheism has more similarities with any form of pantheism than either have with any other form of theism, with the possible exception of Deism -- but even Deism is a far cry from atheism or pantheism.

An atheist would sometimes ask, "If the universe is God, why do we even need the word God? why would not the word universe suffice?"

Positive Atheism's only embellishment is the aspect of being a proactive ethic based upon truthfulness as advocated by Gandhi in his doctrine of satyagraha.

As for atheism, it is not normally a "disbelief in the existence of any gods" but is rather a lack of a god belief. Only a few atheists go so far as to dogmatically declare that there are no gods.

In other words, we advocate the "weak" definition for atheism (sometimes called "negative atheism") over the "strong" definition (sometimes, unfortunately, called "positive atheism"). We use the term "Positive Atheism" in a completely different sense. Though we don't advocate all of the social plans developed by Gora in India during the mid-1900s, we do retain the core advocacy of truthfulness and fairness and human dignity.