From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Saturday, July 22, 2000 2:09 PM

We need refer only to Hitler's statements in Mein Kampf and in his speeches to document that he used Christian doctrine to fortify his racism. We cannot help it if Hitler did this, but he did do this.

If you (like many others) wish to paint Hitler as an atheist, go ahead. You only degrade any case that Christianity promotes honesty in its followers, because to the notion that Hitler disbelieved in the Christian faith cannot be shown.

This letter came as is, and we have chosen not to try to clean it up (except to suppress the e-mail address replacing the screen name with the letter x).

This letter came as is, and we have chosen not to try to clean it up (except to suppress the e-mail address replacing the screen name with the letter x).

This letter came as is, and we have chosen not to try to clean it up (except to suppress the e-mail address replacing the screen name with the letter x).

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Saturday, July 22, 2000 3:21 PM

Hitler stumped for Christianity in his writings and speeches. Hitler used Christian doctrine, particularly that of Paul as interpreted by Martin Luther, as well as the pronouncements of the Jesus character in the Gospel of John, to justify his genocide of Jews. I need go no further than this, because this is what Hitler said and wrote. I do not need to wonder if he actually was a Christian by anybody's particular criteria (either "deep down" as opposed to hypocritical, or even whether he measured up to the standards of any particular Christian sect). I need only know that Hitler claimed to have been a Christian, and that this claim was a very successful platform which was responsible for bringing him into power.

Your attempts to link atheism to Hitler and thus degrade us are a low blow. Your attempts to divorce Hitler from his Christian beliefs are dishonest. But your attempts to portray us as dishonest in this respect border on bigotry.

Case closed.