From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Ryan LaChapell"
Subject: Re: PA-via_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: Saturday, July 22, 2000 5:42 PM

We are not ashamed to attack falsehood wherever we find it. We are unashamedly biased toward truthfulness, as is stated on our front page.

Case in point: I denounce you for misrepresenting our position. We are not "so sure that we will find nothing after death" as you state. We simply have yet to encounter a claim for the existence of the afterlife that holds water.

Also, we are not "certain that there will be nothing but an abyss" but instead have encountered no verification that there is anything -- abyss or otherwise -- beyond the grave.

Thus, you have wasted your energy in condemning us for holding specific views -- when we do not even hold those views!

You have also further refuted the widespread claim that religion makes people moral whereas atheism promotes immorality: you have acted immorally in condemning us for holding certain views without first discovering whether we even hold the views for which you judge us.

Meanwhile, if you can find any lies on our page that are part of our editorial body (Cliff Walker's writings, the FAQ, the responses in the Letters section), we welcome you to show that what I have written is, in fact, falsehood. If you can make your case, I will apologize and will post my apology. No fair holding me accountable for what others have said, though, for I answer only for my own actions. The other writings are there for reference and to promote discussion, not because I necessarily agree with the ideas contained therein.