Pure Science Proves
The Non-Existence Of Gods
Stephen

Graphic Rule

From: Positive Atheism <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Re: The King is dead (God), Long live the King (Internet)
Date: Tuesday, November 09, 1999 4:46 AM

To me, scientific method leaves all claims -- including claims for the nonexistence of gods -- open to criticism and possible overthrow. If we do this, we prevent ourselves from becoming fundamentalist atheists. I, for one, have an open challenge: if any theist can bring forth a convincing argument for the existence of a god, I will convert. I usually stipulate that if the theist cannot do this, the he or she agrees to renounce his or her faith. Any theist who agrees to this is guaranteed my full, undivided atttention (though no theist has yet agreed to this stipulation). This usually prevents me from having to engage with people who seek only the jollies of participating in a Franklinesque "It is so!" It is not so!" dispute.