Alcoholics Anonymous:
Physician Fears Retaliation
Brad J. Broyles M.D.

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Brad J. Broyles M.D."
Subject: Re: Positive Atheism, Cliff's Writings
Date: Thursday, November 2, 2000

We are not the ones writing a book, but will post your letter in our forum.

With either Bush or Gore as our next President, we can look forward to more -- not less -- of this type of abuse: both are ardent supporters of religion-based drug rehab.

Meanwhile, yes! The only actual persecution I have endured as an atheist has been at the hands of Twelve Steppers who thought it was their duty to assault me or to threaten me with physical violence. Given their indoctrination into the view that AA is the only thing that works, I was widely seen as a murderer for explaining to people (indeed, by showing people, with my life) that there's a better way than AA.