Use Of 'Dubya'
Unreasonable,
Impairs Credibility
Hunter Cressall

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Hunter Cressall"
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 4:22 PM

I had deleted the "Dubya" a few days before I received your letter. I had forgotten to change it in the No Frames index, and will do so now.

The initial point of the "Gee Dubya" page was to be insulting. This is the same picture that went down with the Quayle quotes lists that were floating around when he was just a heartbeat away from the Oval Office. However, with the recent very scary rhetoric emanating from the Gore camp, it's time to insult on equal terms, and this would definitely entail a less humorous approach from our end -- thus the change. The situation is no longer funny.

PostScript: I attended the George W. Bush rally in Portland on October 31, and many of the signs (and even some of the official signs) spoke affectionately of "Dubya."