Busting These Myths
About Religion And Honesty
Kimachia Kihara

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Kimachia Kihara"
Subject: Fw: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 12:58 AM

I posted your letter and changed your address. The letter is (for now) linked from the front page of our website. I might use it in our magazine, as these myths about religion and morality have got to go.

Our presidential election is almost over -- one more day and we'll know. Not that this matters, because either way it goes is not going to be good. We are either going to elect a man who can barely read and write -- who thinks the separation of religion from government is a bad idea, or a man who is a sly and conniving moralist who -- thinks the separation of religion from government is a bad idea. I'll bet neither of them could identify a portrait of James Madison, though many 16-year-olds in Europe could not only identify his likeness but could ably discuss his theories that went into forming our Consititution.

Meanwhile, we will get more done by working as individuals, showing our families, our neighbors, and our co-workers that it is possible and even likely that an atheist can have morals, than all the organizations and magazines could hope to accomplish.