True Follower Of
The Real McCoy
Jeff

graphic rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "jeff"
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Monday, December 25, 2000 8:26 PM

Aren't you glad Santa brought you this new computer to play with?

We will post this letter as yet another example of why we actively oppose the Christian religion: this clever dogma so often inspires its adherents to become flat-out bigots of the unashamed variety.

The fact that you would describe us by enclosing the word people in quotation marks, indicating that you really mean something other than the natural and common meaning of the word, speaks volumes about where you're coming from. You, being a Christian, consider yourself to be so vastly superior to us, simply because we are not Christians, that we are not real people at all in your mind. This is the message you conveyed when you wrote this. (Readers: Check any handbook on English grammar and see what enclosing a word in quotation marks means!)

The rest of your letter conveys similar boastful sentiments.

By acting like a bigot you are being very Christ-like: The mythical Christ of the Bible taught Christian exclusivism, that Christians are superior in every way to non-Christians. You have learned that lesson well, having made much progress in this respect, as is shown in your letter to us. Now, go forth and discriminate, confiscate, and persecute -- just like your Master has instructed (John 15:6).

You most certainly lack the humility espoused by the followers of that false Christ of modern Liberal Christianity: your hatefulness shows that you've been sitting at the feet of The Real McCoy.

Now: Even if you could show your variation of the Christian religion to be true, I'd have a tough time being in league with people who demean their fellow-humans they way you have dishonored us in your letter -- and you don't even know us!

I am very sorry that you have let the Christian religion do this to you. Being human has so much to offer. But part of being human, for me, is allowing people to make their own mistakes. So, I will not tell you what to do. The best I can do for you is to publicize the fact that you have acted this way toward us, in hopes that perhaps one person will see what you've done, will think about it, and will (hopefully) stop acting similarly.

And why do almost all of the viciously bigoted letters we receive also display the most atrocious writing skills? Rows of dots; one long sentence; omitted apostrophes; spurious apostrophes; maniacal tone; more rows of dots; missing commas; extra commas; monstrous abuses of logic; capitalization errors; syntax errors; spelling errors; bullying; still more rows of dots; etc. Does group-inspired hatefulness tend to be inversely proportional to education? If all one had to go on was the Positive Atheism Inbox, it would be easy to see how someone could come to this conclusion.

I wish I didn't have to spend so much of my life fighting the institutionalized bigotry that is everywhere inflicted upon us in the name of Christ. Unfortunately, though, the Christian superiority complex is a fact of life in the United States, disrupting the lives of countless thousands of humans each day. Thus, this is how I have spent a large part of my adult life: exposing and opposing people who act like you have in your letter to us -- people who act this way toward me simply because I'd never want to be like them.

Have a nice life: as far as we can tell, it's the only one we get.

graphic rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "jeff" <cjeff@kalama.com>
Cc: <support@scattercreek.com>
Subject: Re:
Date: Monday, December 25, 2000 9:24 PM

What can I say? By their fruits you shall know them.

I would never want to have anything to do with a religion which inspires people to act the way you are acting toward me.

Thus, I must insist that you stop writing to our domain.

For five years, entertaining
     people with no reason to believe

graphic rule

graphic rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: <support@scattercreek.com>; <abuse@scattercreek.com>; <support@kalama.com>; <abuse@kalama.com>; <sales@kalama.com>; <sales@scattercreek.com>; <postmaster@scattercreek.com>; <postmaster@kalama.com>
Subject: E-Mail Harassment From Kalama.com: Request For Filter
Date: Monday, December 25, 2000 10:38 PM

Abuse team:

We have asked "jeff" (cjeff@kalama.com) to stop writing to our domain because of the race-baiting tone of his several letters to us. We CCed a copy of this request to support@scattercreek.com and have attached a copy of that request to this letter.

Since "jeff" (cjeff@kalama.com) refuses our request (see newer attachment and below), we hereby request that a filter be placed on his account so that no more e-mail harassment from his account may reach the positiveatheism.org domain.

Atheists are the most widely and viciously despised minority in the United States, and we take all messages of this nature very seriously. People such as "jeff" continually remind us that they'd burn us at the stake if only they were still allowed to do so.