From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: <osc@uclink4.berkeley.edu>; <abuse@berkeley.edu>
Cc: <postmaster@berkeley.edu>; <support@web-1hosting.net>
Subject: Request for filter
Date: Sunday, January 14, 2001 2:09 AM

Postmaster: Please be sure this reaches the following two offices in case the addresses I've included are not correct.

To: UCB Office of Student Conduct;
To: UCB Internet Abuse Team

There are few groups who are more widely despised than atheists. One of those groups is the disabled. As a member of both groups, I get enough flack to last several lifetimes.

Bigotry will never be reduced if we just sit here and take it. Thus, it is our policy to contact the server in question and make the following request whenever we receive hateful expressions against one of our volunteers, or against our group in general.

Please place a filter on the account
     br00k@uclink4.berkeley.edu
so that no more of this person's spiteful, vindictive, bigoted e-mail can reach the
     positiveatheism.org
domain.

We insist that this matter be dealt with by (at minimum) placing a block on your end so that any future attempts by "Jeff Brook" or "Brook Yu" to contact us are nipped in the bud and do not reach our domain or the inbox of our webhost, [suppressed].

If we don't hear from your office within about a week, I will follow up with a telephone call.

Thank you.

Cliff Walker, Publisher

To: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: br00k
Date: Monday, January 15, 2001 2:05 PM

A finger program I have spike returned this info. I'm passing it on in case you don't already have it.

Hui-Ping Yu doesn't show up when I do a name search (n:Hui-Ping Yu@uclink4.berkeley.edu)

-- [name withheld]