From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Roger S. Schlueter"
Subject: Re: Contacting Representatives; Europeans Thwart Bush Move
Date: Thursday, February 01, 2001 9:16 PM

Americans United told me that he has been saying this for about two years now: "Barry Lynn has said that a fire engine should not put out a fire at a church building." I asked them to send me something on it, but they're very busy. The CNN show that I saw was Crossfire.

At least I think it was Crossfire -- I don't watch TV and merely saw Robertson's mug on TV while at the bar tugging on a different mug. It was set to CNN, though. So I went over and put the ear that still sorta works up against the TV's speaker so I could hear what he was saying. When the better of the two ears got close enough to hear what was going on, that's what he was saying. I'm positive it was Robertson. Nobody else who would make it on CNN both says shit like that and looks so gaudawful goofy! When I called AU and asked them about a Crossfire appearance, they didn't correct me or anything, but were acting like, "Yes, yes, we saw it, too!"

If anyone knows how to get transcripts on the Crossfire show, I'd be interested in getting the quotation. AU denies that this is Lynn's position (as if we didn't already know that!) per my telephone call to them earlier this afternoon.

Graphic CenterPiece Rule
Graphic Rule

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Carey Sherrill 45"
Subject: Re: Rev. Pat's Lies
Date: Saturday, February 03, 2001 4:51 AM

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0101/29/cf.00.html

This is it, but I don't see the Robertson quip. Even if I mis-identified someone else as Robertson, I don't see the fire-engine quip in there.

Hmmmm.

I've seen CNN do this very thing before -- edit material out of their transcripts that might be embarrassing to the one who said it. Or maybe disposing of a phony lawsuit that they're sure to win anyway is too expensive even for CNN but not for Robertson? I have no clue why CNN does this! But the have done this before, as noted by Lee Markland elsewhere in this very Forum!

Yeah, sure! I could be wrong about it being Crossfire, though; I did see "CNN" on screen and I did see the Crossfire logo, and Barry Lynn was on the show that night. And the person talking about Barry Lynn sounded and looked like Pat Robertson. (And who but Pat Robertson has a hard on about Barry Lynn?) Also, when I asked the fellow at AU about Robertson on Crossfire, he didn't correct me but told me that Robertson had been making this statement for about two years, and continued to say things along the lines of Robertson being someone who is "not well" and that we cannot be surprised to hear him say these things.