Feeling Superior
To Christians?
Brian Grace

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section Date: Tuesday, April 27, 1999 6:15 AM

Many have this problem resulting in animosity or intolerance. Others have it show in the form of compassion or tolerance. Thomas Paine said tolerance is no improvement over intolerance: Tolerance says, "We will allow you hold your views"; whereas, intolerance says "We will not allow you to hold your views."

Often this is just a phase, and we can grow out of it if we apply ourselves.

I have found a dose of good old-fashioned John Stuart Mill mind-your-own-business libertarianism to be a solid cure. The "Forum" section of Playboy Magazine is a wonderful source for this wonderful attitude.