While developing the "Which Ten Commandments?" handbill, the late Jyoti Shankar submitted the following, which we immediately incorporated into the flyer. Having discovered the original submission, we post if for you now.
1. Exodus 22:20 "He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed."
2. Leviticus 24:16 "And he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to death,"
3. Exodus 31:15 "Whosoever shall work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death."
4. Exodus 21:15 "And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death."
5. Exodus 21:17 "And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death."
6. Exodus 22:19 "Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death."
7. Leviticus 20:13 "If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death."
8. Leviticus 20:10 "And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death."
9. Mark 16:16 "He that believeth not, shall be damned."
10. Malachi 2:1-4 "And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you. If you will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart to give glory to my name.... Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces.
Material by Cliff Walker (including unsigned editorial commentary) is copyright ©1995-2006 by Cliff Walker. Each submission is copyrighted by its writer, who retains control of the work except that by submitting it to Positive Atheism, permission has been granted to use the material or an edited version: (1) on the Positive Atheism web site; (2) in Positive Atheism Magazine; (3) in subsequent works controlled by Cliff Walker or Positive Atheism Magazine (including published or posted compilations). Excerpts not exceeding 500 words are allowed provided the proper copyright notice is affixed. Other use requires permission; Positive Atheism will work to protect the rights of all who submit their writings to us.