Why Equate Yourselves
With Strong Atheism?
Gil Gaudia

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Saturday, February 10, 2001 6:40 AM

We do not use the term "Positive Atheism" (capitalized) the same way you have used the term "positive atheism" (lowercase). To us, "Positive Atheism" is a proactive ethic, ultimately derived from Gandhi's satyagraha, whereas "positive atheism" is better described as "strong atheism." We are very concerned that so many atheists are content to simply roll over and take the indignity heaped upon us from all quarters, but we do not care whether somebody is a strong or a weak atheist.

Besides, "weak" atheism means "I lack a god belief" not "I believe there is no god" -- which is, actually, "strong" atheism.