From: "Kristi Tool" <kristi@kristitool.com>
To: "Don Crum" [suppressed]; "John" [suppressed]; "Laura A. Thomas" [suppressed]; "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>; "Rick Klein" [suppressed]
Subject: Keep the faith
Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 1:33 PM

A gift from God.

Graphic Rule

The Attached File:

WOW! Just when you start to lose that faith.....

TRUE STORY....

After a few of the usual Sunday evening hymns, the Church's Pastor slowly stood up, walked over to the pulpit and, before he gave his sermon for the evening, briefly introduced a guest Minister who was in the service that evening. In the introduction, the Pastor told the congregation that the guest Minister was one of his dearest childhood friends and that he wanted him to have a few moments to greet the church and share whatever he felt would be appropriate for the service.

With that, an elderly man stepped up to the pulpit and began to speak. "A father, his son, and a friend of his son were sailing off the Pacific coast," he began, "when a fast approaching storm blocked any attempt to get back to shore. The waves were so high, that even though the father was an experienced sailor, he could not keep the boat upright and the three were swept into the sea as the boat capsized."

The old man hesitated for a moment, making eye contacted with two teenagers who were, for the first time since the service began, looking somewhat interested in his story. The aged Minister continued with his story, "grabbing a rescue line, the father had to make the most excruciating decision of his life: to which boy he would throw the other end of the line. He only had seconds to make the decision. The father knew his son was a Christian and he also knew that his son's friend was not. The agony of his decision could not be matched by the torrent of waves. "as the father yelled out, 'I love you son!' he threw out the life line to his son's friend.

By the time the father had pulled the friend back to the capsized boat, his son had disappeared beneath the raging swells into the black of night. His body was never recovered." By this time, the two teenagers were sitting up straight in the pew, anxiously waiting the next words to come out of the old Minister's mouth. "The father," he continued, "knew his son would step into eternity with Jesus and he could not bear the thought of his son's friend stepping into an eternity without Jesus. Therefore, he sacrificed his son to save his son's friend. How great is the love of God that he should do the same for us.

Our heavenly Father sacrificed his only begotten son that we could be saved. I urge you to accepted His offer to rescue you and take a hold of the life line He is throwing out to you in this service." With that, the old man turned and sat back down in his chair as silence filled the room. The Pastor again walked slowly to the pulpit and delivered a brief sermon with an invitation at the end.

However, no one responded to the appeal. Within minutes after the service ended, the two teenagers were at the old man's side. "That was a nice story," politely stated one of the boys, "but I don't think it was very realistic for a father to give up his only son's life in hopes that the other boy would become a Christian." Well, you've got a point there, the old man replied, glancing down at his worn Bible. A big smile broadened his narrow face, he once again looked up at the boys and said, "it sure isn't very realistic, is it? But I'm standing here today to tell you that story gives ma a glimpse of what it must have been like for God to give up His son for me. You see---I was that father and your Pastor is my son's friend.

Take 60 seconds & give this a shot!
Let's just see Satan stop this one.
All you do is

1) simply say a small prayer for the person who sent you this,

(Father, God bless this person in whatever it is that you know he or she may be needing this day!)

2) then send it on to five other people. Within hours five people have prayed for you, and you caused a multitude of people to pray to God for other people. Then sit back and watch the power of God work in your life for doing the things that you know He loves. "Forgiveness allows your heart to be not only right, but light."

- author unknown

Graphic Rule

The Header:

From: "Kristi Tool" <kristi@kristitool.com>