Raëlians And Carbon:
Is There A Connection?
Johan Grahn

graphic rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Grahn, Johan"
Subject: Re: Raelians and Carbon - Is there a connection?
Date: Thursday, December 21, 2000 11:05 AM

The Raëlians are our allies in that they work for social issues that are far more important than the discussion of origins and because they are, technically, atheists. I will stump for the Raëlians and such people as Satanists (atheists with a dark æsthetic) -- if for no other reason than to challenge the more traditional atheists to keep a check on our own bigotry. As in the case with the World Church of the Creator (atheistic white supremacists), I will call them on issues of grave importance (racism, particularly deadly expressions of it -- which the Church itself claims to denounce) and will take on the Raëlians when need be (as I did in this letter), but we need to be able to recognize potential allies not only in Raëlians (which ought to be relatively easy) but also in the theists with whom we can work together toward ending some of the particularly deadly social problems we face.