To Discuss Religion With
Our Smarter Counterparts?
Amir Karkouti

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "karkouti amir"
Subject: Re: Thanks for the back issues
Date: Saturday, March 03, 2001 8:59 AM

Lao-Tzu was not exclusivistic and therefore not dangerous. That's all I really know about it. You might want to check out pantheism in our search engine and read some of the letters we've received from pantheists. Our FAQ article is slated for revision, so take it with salt if you read it at all.

If you demand of yourself that all claims about reality must be verifiable (that is, likewise, in principle, falsifiable), and if you suspend judgement on any claims about reality that cannot at least in concept be shown false, you do well. The rest is poetry, which can prompt wonderful insights and can bring you to places that reality could never touch. Some poets portray their poetry as descriptions of reality, but this portrayal is, itself, poetry, and is, I think, part of the imagery; I call this poetry "mythology." Distinguishing science from poetry is a useful skill, and takes lots of practice for many but not all people.