Daily Barrage Of
Christian Propaganda
[unsigned]

To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 5:02 AM

Hello folks,

I would like to begin by saying that I have enjoyed this sight thoroughly. Being agnostic I will attest to the fact that the god theory has neither been proven nor disproved. I tend to be quite the skeptic however and am not impressed by claims of divine movements and influences.

Now I live in the bible belt (southern states) and am subjected to a daily barrage of christian propaganda. Many are the moments when christians who learn of my "predicament" attempt to grace me with their gilded benevolence and "save my wretched soul". Many are astounded and horrified when I ask simple questions about their holy scripture. At times I have asked them if they are compelled by their beliefs and of course the answer is always yes. Further questioning reveals that they believe that their god is both omniscient and omnipotent. Of course they are also to believe that mankind has free will, as so their pastor tells them.

My question is this, if your god knows everything that will ever happen in my life until the time that I meet my end ... he would surely know that I will not surrender to blind faith and follow an unseen and unproven creator. If this is indeed the truth it would mean that this "all loving god" created me just to send me to his hell. Logically, the belief in an omniscient being suggests that fate must be a reality. If we are born to manifest destiny then who cares what we do, if we are meant "in the grand scheme to go to heaven" then we will be redeemed correct?

I'm confused, you say that mass murderers can enter the kingdom of heaven if they repent and tell jesus they are sorry? If a loved one is tortured to death by some deranged asshole am I to stand aside and say that your god will seek my vengeance? When said deranged asshole gives his life to jesus am I to forget all about it?

I know that it is easy for most christians to say forgive and forget but these are the stupid saps who have never suffered a loss or who are too weak of stomach to even the score. Why do I even try to debate these issues, the seed of christianity sprouts from the soil of ignorance?

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 4:44 AM

I'm with you on everything except the notion that a claim for the existence of gods needs to be disproved (or even can be disproved). To me, the one making the claim is the only one who is obligated to prove anything. The rest of us, as far as I am concerned, are simply minding our own business.