God Useless:
Shit Religion
Histar

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "histar cahyadi"
Subject: Re: godUSELESS
Date: Sunday, April 22, 2001 10:02 PM

Most atheists simply do not have a god belief. Some atheists are fundamentalists about it.

We use "Positive Atheism" differently than others do, which to them means saying that no gods exist. We use "Positive Atheism" to mean a form of morality without gods.

We do not oppose all religions, just religious expression that intrudes upon the lives of the rest of us. We respect any private expression of religion, and denounce only that religion which forces itself upon others.

We even go so far as to believe that religious people think they have valid reasons for being religious -- who are we to argue with someone's reasons for being religious? This does not mean that we think those are valid reasons for us being religious, but we will not try to talk someone out of their private religious beliefs -- we will only try to stop them from making their religion the law of the land.

Also, when people try to convince us to join their religion, we will explain to them why we don't believe. But this is only when they bring it up. I never walk up to a religious person and try to set them straight.