Special 'Ears' (Or Drugs)
Needed To Hear
Ashley Peacock

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Ashley Peacock"
Subject: Re: More than the drugs.
Date: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 4:36 PM

I don't understand your question. Please elaborate.

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Ashley Peacock"
Date: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 8:04 PM

No wonder your first letter made no sense to me: one cannot simultaneously be "A" and non-"A"; one cannot neither have nor lack a god belief: one either has a god belief (is a theist) or one does not have a god belief (is an atheist). As the "Bullwinkle" announcer said during a certain political campaign, "You can't have both." And in this situation, you can't have neither, either. Even if you are a blithering idiot, unable to even form the concept of gods in your mind, you lack a god belief and are, by default, an atheist.

Perhaps after studying some articles on simple logic, you would be able to communicate your ideas in a way that enables the rest of us to understand what you are trying to say.

You are welcome to your private beliefs, to be sure; we would never dispute that. However, if you wish to discuss those views with others, especially if you wish for us to take them into consideration as views we might also like to hold, you will need to learn how to communicate those ideas effectively, and then to refine your arguments in support of those views. Many of those who write here can at least express their views, even if they lack the skill of defending those views. Your problem is that after two letters, I am still at a loss as to what you're even trying to say. And trying to understand what people are trying to say is my vocation.

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Ashley Peacock"
Date: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 10:17 PM

Bitterness? To even respond to stuff like this and ask for clarification is, to me, an act of courtesy.

Like I said, you do well to learn how to make yourself understandable if you wish for people to consider your opinions.

Have a nice life: as far as we can tell, it's the only one we get.