Exposure To 'Virus'
Builds 'Immunity'
Jon Lawpaugh

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "jon lawpaugh"
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 3:22 AM

They could only hope that you end up like most of the ex-Mormons I have known: putting the truly good parts of that religion into practice and becoming singly the most thoughtful group of people I've ever known. All of them.

It's too bad that tribal totem loyalism plays so important of a role in the minds of many religious folks (and, I fear, many atheists as well). Such people do not see that morality is a skill and that if we practice it early enough in life, and perfect those skills by the time we reach adulthood, we will instinctively know what to do in the face of almost any tough situation -- no matter where our loyalties lie!