A Lie Is A Lie Is A Lie
Ray Franz

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Ray Franz"
Subject: Re: Ongoing dispute and trying to keep reality and fantasy separated
Date: Friday, June 01, 2001 4:24 PM

Quotes Clear Spacer
Quotes Graphic Rule

"It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him."
     -- Abraham Lincoln, chiding the editor of a Springfield, Illinois, newspaper, quoted from Antony Flew, How to Think Straight, p. 17

Quotes Graphic Rule
Quotes Clear Spacer

As for the fertilized egg becoming human, this is only a question in the legal sense -- every other sense is merely academic. In the United States, in certain situations, that moment is the beginning of the second trimester. In all other situations (so far), that moment is the moment of birth. Call it what you want under other applications, but this is the legal definition and that's the only application with which we have anything to do other than to hold a discussion.

Besides, I'm closing in on thirty years of boycotting McDonald's. That big ol' giant inflatable Ronald McDonald sitting atop certain locations, waving at passersby and blocking our view of the sunset? Now that's what slingshots are for!