Perhaps It's A Good Site
-- But We Won't Link To It
(unsigned)

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Friday, June 15, 2001 6:48 PM

The link you gave me made several extra browser windows pop up with commercial advertisements, etc. (not just one -- and one extra window is too many for us). It took me almost a minute to figure out which end was up. Then, after I closed them all, more kept popping up. It was very confusing and excessively intrusive: this is not our idea of good Internet -- almost as bad as the "Send An Angel" postcard that James Call sent to us.

We do not put links to sites that do this in our Web Guide. If you can clear this up, we'd be more than glad to put a link in for you, but we care about our readers and wouldn't intentionally link to a site that literally makes their browser explode with commercial advertisements and other things -- particularly the delayed-reaction windows that open in response to your closing another window.

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Friday, June 15, 2001 6:54 PM

My god! Five minutes later and I'm still getting more windows! Most insidious! Time to reboot!

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Date: Saturday, June 16, 2001 7:39 AM

That's more like it! I actually had to reboot after visiting the other link. I'll post this one. Thanks!