You Really Have
A Lot Of Patience
Eric

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: Eric
Subject: Re: Atheism: A Position of Convenience?
Date: Thursday, September 07, 2000 1:00 PM

I don't think he could read what I wrote without understanding what I said, but understanding and admitting to oneself are two different things. When I sat at the feet of pioneer cult deprogrammer Ted Patrick for two hours during the late 1970s, he told me that the only way to make an impact upon someone with a cultic mindset is to raise questions to which the answer lies outside the cultic world view. Enough of these will chip away at the cult's belief structure within the victim's mind and it may eventually come crashing down.

Perhaps I raised a few questions, and perhaps this man's fundamentalism will eventually be unable to withstand other questions, and I will have contributed a small part to this process. I certainly have been vindicated in my views about Columbine since I wrote those statements! A preacher walked from Oklahoma City to Columbine carrying a wooden cross on wheels, only to be spurned by Columbine's students! They, of all people, know what posturing is!

If this person remains unaffected by me, at least I have provided food for thought to benefit others, and I certainly got a lot out of the exchange.

Serving those without theism for five years