Quantum Mechanics
Does Not Remove Causality
Matt Johnson

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine"
To: "Matt Johnson"
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Sunday, July 01, 2001 10:49 AM

I am in the middle of a discussion with Wayland Dong on this very subject. I have had to place the discussion on hold, because my health has been too frail for me to trust my thinking entirely on the subject, but my latest suggestion was that humankind's ability to make limited (scientific) predictions may propose a strong challenge to the notion of absolute determinism. Dong has returned the volley, but I am awaiting the time when my health settles down before I respond. It is a fascinating discussion which has prompted me to rethink my outlook to its very foundation numerous times throughout my life. You are welcome to join the fray, but I will keep both discussions on separate files.

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Matt Johnson"
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section-quantum mechanics vs. determinism
Date: Friday, July 06, 2001 6:48 PM

What I'd eventually like to see is two separate threads, linked one to the other. That's what works best, here. And since things seem to be looking up for me, I'm hoping to get back to the Wayland Dong discussion soon -- perhaps next week at the earliest