Watching Cable TV
And Feeling Sorry
Nita Ryan

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Nita Ryan"
Subject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU...
Date: Saturday, July 28, 2001 8:01 PM

If there was a "God" who had such an ominous message for me, you'd think He'd deliver it to me personally, rather than via e-mail from some busybody with a superiority complex who admits to watching American televangelists on Cable TV.

Although I have left you alone to practice your religion as you see fit, you have approached me and degraded the "faith of my fathers" with this very hateful message. Please explain to me how what you have done to me can be distinguished from bigotry.

And please help me figure out how to tell the difference between yourself and all the other people that we'd both agree are bona fide religious nuts, false prophets, and the like. In other words, how can I know that you're the one person who happens to be telling the truth?

Added: July 29, 2001

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Nita Ryan"
Subject: Re: WATCH "TO HELL AND BACK"
Date: Sunday, July 29, 2001 1:20 AM

You err in thinking that I've ever owned a television set in my entire life (apart from the one the family had when I was a kid -- which I didn't own). You see, I do not like people telling me what to think, and that's what television does, tell people what to think. So, I don't own one. Never have and probably never will.

If there's a "God" and He wants to get my attention, then He surely can get more creative than to put the secret to life in a television program, run it on Cable Access, hosted by an overqualified quack wearing a dry-look topknot.

Added: July 29, 2001

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Nita Ryan"
Date: Sunday, July 29, 2001 3:39 AM

So, it's not TV? It's worse! The secret to Life Itself is posted somewhere on the Internet!?

I don't think so.

Nothing could be more frightening than the depths to which some Christians will stoop to win a convert.

Meanwhile, we have some game rules on this forum. One of them asks you not to ask us to comment on other people's web sites, but to state your case in your own words.

Finally, you never addressed the questions I raised in my first response.