Yet Another Reason
To Remain An Atheist
Cory

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "cofo"
Subject: Re: PA-via_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: August 12, 2001 8:45 AM

I notice from the e-mail link you clicked that you never made it past the top of the front page before you lost your cool. What is it that got to you, the word atheism?

You mean "misquote," don't you? If this is the case, then you'll need to show that we're misquoting it. It doesn't work to simple accuse us of misquoting it and leave it at that.

If you can show that we've misquoted the Treaty of Tripoli, we'll gladly retract it and replace it with both the correct quote and an apology. But since you cannot show that we've misquoted the Treaty if Tripoli, you owe us an apology for lying both to us and about us.

I'd also like to know why so many Christians write to us and lie to us in their attempts to convince us that Christianity is a religion of truthfulness? What is it about the Christian religion that makes it okay to lie just so long as the Christian religion looks good as a result of those lies?

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "cofo"
Date: August 13, 2001 4:47 AM

and

I never cease to be fascinated by the elaborate squirming observed any time we catch one of you folks lying to our Forum audience. First you come on strong and mean, putting your weight first on one foot and then the other and saying that we misquoted the Treaty of Tripoli; now you're rolling your eyes up to the sky with your hands clasped coyly behind your back, whistling a different tune.

What's next, that because you spelled misquote differently from the way the rest of us spell it, this means that you give it a completely different meaning than the rest of us give it?

For our purposes, establishing that the Founding Fathers did not consider the United States of America a Christian nation, the only thing that matters is the English version, as that is the wording which was unanimously approved by both the House and the Senate, and that is the wording which was signed by President Adams. Having been penned by an English speaking secretary of President Washington, under President Washington's orders, the original is obviously the English document. What happened to the Arabic version is of no concern to me.

Had you bothered to get past the top of the front page before launching your salvo, you would have read all this in our web site. The whole point of the web site is to provide information such as this to athests who might find it useful.

Why don't you do your own history research?

This is an atheist forum. It is for atheists and we talk about issues of interest to atheist. A handful of atheists may be entertained by watching you do your Convoluted Christian thing, but that's not what we're about here.