Unable To Document
Nostradamus 'Prediction'
Jeff Smith

"In the year of the new century and nine months,
     From the sky will come a great King of Terror ...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
     Fire approaches the great new city..."
"In the city of York there will be a great collapse,
     2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
     third big war will begin when the big city is burning"
          -- Nostradamus

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Smith Design Works"
Subject: Re: ...
Date: September 14, 2001 8:33 AM

I don't think this is from Nostradamus any more than the village idiot one was from Nostradamus. I am more willing to believe both are hoaxes than that they are real.

Think about it: There are plenty of Nostradamus frea-- er, uh, afficionados out there, and this is pretty graphic detail, to say the least. So, then, why did we not hear a whole pot full of hysteria from all the Nostradumus frea-- er, afficionados earlier this month?

If you can find a web page with this on it, run the command
          javascript:alert(document.lastModified)
into your URL window and it will return the date the file was posted onto the host. If you can find one that returns a date before Tuesday, I'll be glad to check this shit out further. Also, if you can find a book with this in it that was published before Tuesday, let me know and I'll be glad to give it all the attention I can muster.

I doubt you'll find any evidence that this particular letter sequence existed prior to, say, yesterday -- at most, the day before yesterday.

Added: September 14, 2001

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Smith Design Works"
Subject: Re: Nostrildamus ...
Date: September 14, 2001 10:16 AM

Bother? Nah! Makes great reading in the Forum! I had it posted by the time you even downloaded your copy of the response.

Besides, we all could use a little exercise in critical thinking, and what better way than to watch a few people work through a problem wherein we instinctively know what's up but can't quite pin it down?

Your next assignment will be to have worked through a few possibilities and then to send them in and see what we think! d;^)