From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Gregory Tinkler"
Subject: Re: Thanks To Everyone
Date: September 13, 2001 3:41 AM

There might be something to say for the notion that watching violence on TV numbs people to the violence in real life. I eventually found some therapeutic value in replaying the films of the second crash and studying them for their physics value as well as from a special-effects angle.

I realize that this sounds sick and heartless, but the pain from this was putting me into a dangerous situation by the time I went to bed last night. At some point it comes time to do what you must just to function. I'm sure rescue workers and the like have tricks up their sleeves that would sound just as hearless, otherwise how could they function?