Proposed Demolition Of
Commandments Statue
Martin Horton

From: "Martin Horton"
To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 1:53 PM

Hi Cliff,

I see there is a bit of aggravation in the states over the proposed demolition of a Statue of the Ten Commandments -- all is not lost eh?

Martin Horton.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/et?ac=004904656533550&rtmo=V1juVFxx&atmo=rrrrrrrq&pg=/et/01/5/31/wten31.html

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Martin Horton"
Date: Thursday, May 31, 2001 4:47 PM

If anybody is saying "demolition" they're exaggerating: surely it will be moved to tax-free private property -- which, to me, is almost as evil as keeping it on public property, because we're still supporting the exclusivist message behind it through the tax exemption. I'm expecting no small tax revolt here pretty soon. At least Clinton wanted to put our money to good use: nationalized medical care (well -- medical care is good: I'm not sure about the nationalized part). Bush, however, wants to put it toward Fundamentalist Christian evangelism and anti-choice lobbying.