From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Ken Whitley"
Subject: Re: PAM Urges Response To Calls for Prayer
Date: September 14, 2001 5:31 PM

I am still thinking that our culture will be getting a sustained face-full of fundamentalism. I suspect that many of us will see it for what it is and will abandon it for milder expressions of faith. Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson are not on good terms with anybody right now. Fundamentalism will be shown precisely for what it is, and many will recognize it in themselves and in those around them.

It is the recognition of a tendency within myself that most surely will prompt me to change myself, and I doubt too many people are very different from me in this respect. This is one of the reasons I post some of the less-enlightening letters from our Fundamentalistic fellows: perhaps some of us will see these tendencies in themselves. Gaud nose that I've noticed lots of these tendencies in myself just from responding to and posting these letters from Fundamentalists. My earlier approach to atheism was somewhat fundamentalistic but just exposing myself to this tendency in others has showm me a lot about myself and this insight has changed me significantly.

Anyway, I would hope that we can at least hope amidst all this trouble!