From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Anne Younger"
Subject: Re: Sign Me Up For Your E-Mail List!
Date: August 25, 2001 1:31 AM

We list all the local groups we know of in our Web Guide under Local. If you find any that are not listed there, let me know and I'll put them on. Also, there are some guides under Local and People that can help you track down individuals who may know more about what's going on in your specific area.

Here at PAM, we encourage a different approach to atheistic activism, encouraging atheists to try to fit in as individuals rather than standing out as a member of a group. Group membership can be seen as polarizing, and thus could work against our goal of living a peaceful and dignified life as an atheist. Groups have their purpose, and many atheists find it much easier to go ahead and be part of an atheist group. But we are trying to discover how to do the work that we need to get done in order to end what you're talking about -- and we're trying to see what we can do without resorting to groups. This is why we ask our readers to convey their experiences with getting along (or not getting along) so that the rest of us can compare notes and see what we would have done. In this sense, PAM is very much a big experiment