From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "The Kidd"
Subject: Re: WebMaster:_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: September 07, 2001 6:35 AM

I don't know what you mean when you say "absolute truth," so I cannot answer that question.

You are welcome to read my responses to the Forum questions and watch me in action while I separate truth from lies. That's why I do it, so people can read it for themselves so I don't have to explain it to them. Unfortunately for lazy people, they aren't going to learn much by reading only the disclaimer on the front page, next to the link that makes the Subject line say, "WebMaster:_Positive_Atheism_Index." I put that link there so I can tell at a glance who has probably not even bothered to read anything in the web site -- that is, so I can tell who is lying to me when they tell me things like, "I have not read eveything but I get the jist of things." Yeah, right!

I have written a piece called "Sophistry: Logical and Rhetorical Fallacies; Faulty Reasoning" which explains a couple dozen of the tricks I use in doing this, and you are welcome to read that as well.

I am also pretty skilled at determining if the person writing to me is just a cocky asshole trying to make life tougher for his fellow humans than is necessary.

Case in point:

See what I mean?

Have a nice life. As far as I can tell, this is the only one we get to live at all. At all, at all. Period. Think about that possibility for a moment and then ask yourself what you want to do with your only opportunity to experience what must certainly be the most charishable event in the entire universe: consciousness.

I will spend mine trying to grant dignity to my fellow humans whenever I can -- whenever I can justify doing so without compromising truth.

Unfortunately I am only human and have my limits.

Therefore, I have entered your e-mail address into our 505 Registry. Any more e-mail that you send to this domain will go directly to the Great "Deleted Items" Folder In The Sky. Nothing personal, I just don't like dealing with cocky assholes, that's all.

Again, have a nice life.