They Wouldn't Care
If We All Went To Hell
M. W. Hardgrove

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "M.W. Hardgrove"
Date: February 14, 2002 1:12 AM

Regardless of what I think of the beliefs that they hold within the privacy of their own thoughts, I must assume that they have valid reasons for believing the way they do. It's only when their behavior impairs my quality of life that I will respond. Even then, I limit my response to their behavior. Though I can and do sometimes conclude that it's the religion that makes them this way, that it's the religion that makes the difference between them being nice people and them being bigoted, I nevertheless cannot and will not tell them what to do. I will not pretend to have the answers for their life. I will only ever respond in the context of their behavior and how it impairs my quality of life. And if they leave me alone, I have nothing to say!