From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org> To: "Positive Atheism List"
Subject: The Bottom Line at Positive Atheism
Date: October 11, 2001 7:10 PM

I really have had only one message to my fellow atheists that's important. Everything else I have said is optional, but the following message must sink in or we will never overcome the stigma and bigotry that is everywhere against us:

Transparent Spacer
Quote Graphic Rule 000-2

Other, powerful groups of people can get away with fudging with the truth. Some groups, such as Organized Religion, can get away with telling the public that the Sun and the Moon do not exist and a lie of this magnitude would not affect their operations in the least. The people would continue to send their support in droves, and their reputations would not diminish.

We atheists do not have this luxury. We must place honesty and integrity as our Number One priority or we will never get anywhere. We cannot afford to make even small mistakes in this regard. This holds for everything we do as atheists, but it is especially true when we do our activism.

Quote Graphic Rule 000-2
Transparent Spacer

Hopefully we will have many more constructive things to say over the years, but this is the only thing of real importance at Positive Atheism: this is the bottom line point that we have to make.

Quote Graphic Rule 300-3

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Roger S. Schlueter"
Subject: Re: The Bottom Line at Positive Atheism
Date: October 12, 2001 7:55 AM

The admonition was merely the introductory matter of a much longer dispatch I had prepared to send out. All I did was chop off the main body and send out just the introduction. Everybody who knows about the situation knows precisely what I am doing, and everybody else gets a neat restatement and reminder of what I think we all need to keep at the forefront of everything we do in the name of atheism. And though we may never recognize them, most of us who do atheistic activism will feel the effects of what I had to do today.