I Am The One For Whom
All Have Been Waiting

©Kevin (Gentle) Clay (Mortal) Gardner

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Kevin Gardner"
Subject: Re: Proof of God
Date: September 13, 2002 12:03 AM

and

Ah, this is very convenient for you, is it not? You gotta be special and elite and all that, or else you're nothin' but a toad. Seen that one before, anybody?

What I like about science is that anybody can try any of the experiments described in any properly written scientific paper, and if the claim is valid, all who try the experiments will get approximately the same results!

And if we don't all get approximately the same results as predicted in the paper, then we are fully justified in tossing the whole thing in with the kindling.

There are no secret rules in science, and nobody is special.

No, I'm sorry, but it doesn't work your way, and it doesn't work your god's way. Here on Earth, in time-space reality, you are the one making the claim that a god exists. Therefore, you are the one who is obligated to prove, to the satisfaction of your audience, that you're telling the truth when you make this claim. If you do not prove your case to our satisfaction, then we have every right to consider you a liar.

That is science, and that is the game we play here on Planet Earth. If your god were a real deity, She-He-It (pronounced as a single syllable) would already be fully aware of these rules and would play by them if it were She-He-It's goal to convince humankind of She-He-It's existence.

Until then, I am fully justified in saying that I don't think you're telling us the truth when you tell us that a god exists.

Shorter Graphic Rule

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, you submitted copyrighted material to be included in our ongoing satirical coverage of abjectly goofy religious nuts, and since a brief background check shows you to be the same person alleged to have copyrighted the material, thus by your act of submitting the material to our satirical project, you forfeit the right to control what we do with it. You still own the material, but you have, by your action, granted to us the right to use it in any of our publication in any way that we choose. If you do not like it, then next time be sure to read the guidelines for submission which all journals and periodicals make available to readers.

And that is copyright law.

Seven years of service to people
    with no reason to believe