James Patrick Holding
Out On His Own Name
Blair Reynolds

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org
To: "Reynolds"
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: September 02, 2003 10:56 PM

I didn't find him, Holding found me!

Interesting. He paints a picture of being a University librarian or at minimum a public librarian. Prison librarian? A prison library is a room full of donated books with books or journals containing what the "librarian" considers "porn" or "violence" (usually) removed, and (I think) the obligatory law library. In that sense, I'm a librarian, too, because I founded and ran the library at the last church I attended.

By the way, when they removed most physical education and rehabilitation equipment from prisons (they don't want prisoners stronger than the guards), the inmates took to using law books to assist in their resistive workouts (weightlifting). This naturally puts a lot of stress on the bindings of the books, which need to be replaced with great frequency. Many prisons now maintain the law library on microfiche. Thus, an inmate with vision as poor as mine would not fare well if she or he needed to consult the lawbooks!

Hey, have you run a whois on his (her?) URL? Here it is: He "launders" his ownership of the domain through one of those high-secrecy domain registration companies.

Short Graphic Rule

Short Graphic Rule

Gaud help him should he want to change: I have been going round and round for several months over two of my other domains for another project!

He sure is a sensitive little guy, isn't he?

Did you read his pan of PAM? (Shouldn't be hard to find.) I liked his assessment of PAM as "a peanut operation" -- PAM, whose roots go back through Lavanam to Gora and Mohandas K. Gandhi.

Eight years of service to people
    with no reason to believe

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Reynolds"
Date: September 10, 2003 10:47 AM

Eeek!

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Eeeeeeeek!

Ah-ghee ghee ghee ghee ghasasee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee ghee!

alllnlnlnkklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnklnsklnsklnsklnsklnsklnsklnsklnsklnsklnsklnsklnsklnsklnsk (Falls off chair! Keyboard, dislodged from mount! [Note that this is no small accomplishment for a man with almost no strength left in his legs, so he must pull all 333 pounds (at last check) up with one arm or the other -- or both if he gets lucky -- after finding something to grab! In short: I respect the humor value in what you have done!])

I was the kid who would come up with all these hysterically diabolical stunts to do to people (or just do, period), and then, by its sheer funniness and by how good it felt to get a good belly-laugh just thinking about my idea, some clown would actually pull it off!

I won't tell you (or anybody, for that matter) how it was that I got -- let's say -- "nudged" out of high school! And it was purely disgusting, to be honest. But as disgusting as it was, I still gotta laugh at it. No idea why. Maybe the humor value -- if you can call that humor!

Yours really takes the cake, though. I think to myself, "Shit! What if some cretin did that to me!?" even though "Cliff Walker" is what is on my checks but not not on either of my two birth certificates. What's in a name, anyway? What is a name, for that matter!? But then I look at the damage this asshole has done to various people (he and countless others of his ilk), wreaking havoc only because he disagrees with their ideological viewpoint (or lack thereof, as is the case with most atheists).

No, I won't pretend. I simply cannot pretend -- about anything! (So much for a career in writing fiction!) My name is (currently) Cliff Walker, and that's what the Federal government (Social Security Administration) thinks it is and that's what the State of Oregon (Department of Motor Vehicles) thinks it is, and thus I have nothing to hide -- even though I have two (count 'em) birth certificates, each with a different name on it, neither a variant of Cliff Walker! As hated as atheists are (I started to write "tend to be," but that's wrong: we are hated, so -- as hated as we are), I still have nothing to hide because I am doing nothing wrong. Nothing! I am libeling nobody. I am threatening no one. In fact, I even refrain from intrusion in that I will not log on to a theistic Web site to "tell the Christians a thing or two." I'll lay it down for those who write in to this Forum (who lie and otherwise mistreat us in their attempts to discredit anybody who disagrees with their religious leaders), but that's the full prerequisite for getting "the business" from me.

Okay, you get a full "Thumbs Up" for grabbing his attention, even though it most assuredly did absolutely nothing toward changing things for the better (as if I care about changing him -- for even a minute!).

And you get the full "Thumbs Down" for doing something that I would never have even considered doing at any time in my life up to this point. (Although I wish I had come up with the idea!) Hey, maybe in a couple of years, the bigotry and other stressful things that I endure (that have contributed almost wholly to my current crippling medical condition), perhaps I could become capable of doing a thing such as this!

Short Graphic Rule

Ah, but wait! You did this to his -- his pen name! That makes all the difference in the world, as far as I am concerned (even if it becomes a trademark infringement to use that particular letter sequence).

So the question becomes, is this his Service Mark? meaning, is this the Fictitious Name of his company? If so, has he registered it as such? in every state of the Union? If not, then you might want to grab some money and get on it: register it in all 50 states as your fictitious name, describing it as the name of your out-of-work clown character who very occasionally does adult performances for parties, etc.: Amazing Rope Tricks! "Hide 'N' Seek" Games for the Youngster in Everybody! Simulated Dungeon!

Am I sick, or what?

Hey, I just hate clowns! Don't you? I mean --

James Patrick Holding,
Executive Producer,
The "Positive Atheism" Project