Only We Can Plan
For Our Own Lives
Jessica

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Jessica"
Subject: Re: hi
Date: February 26, 2003 1:56 PM

Thanks for your story!

Maybe God sits atop the air conditioning unit in the bar and laughs Himself silly as the poor bloke makes his move on what he thinks is an acceptably decent-looking woman!

According to the traditional understanding of atheism, which we advocate, anybody who lacks a god-belief for any reason is called an atheist; therefore, agnostics who don't know are called "atheistic agnostics." Their atheism is incidental, as it's supposed to be.

This begins to make sense when we settle down from the change (from theism to atheism) and realize that atheism is really no big deal. Atheism is not to unbelief what religion is to belief, that's for sure! To me, my atheism is the way in which I distinguish myself from theists, when such a need arises (which is not very often). Otherwise, what I have done is base my self-identification upon what other people believe but I don't! Because I am almost entirely indifferent to religion, it makes sense that my atheism is no big deal!

Seven-and-one-half years of service to